FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Go ahead, ask...we have the answers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I join Media Partners Website?Answer
We understand that most people first join our site in order to watch the full length previews online.
The next best reason to join is to get notified when one of the programs you are interested in goes on sale. A close second might also be to avoid having to fill out the order form over and over when you order a FREE preview or buy a program.
From our side, we want to recognize and greet you when you return. Once you register, a data cookie will be sent to your computer. Its only function is to recognize your username when you return. It just seems like a nicer way to do business.
Why aren't the online previews working for me?Answer
We're sorry to hear you've been having difficulties viewing our online media stream. Here are some suggestions that may help you:
- Make sure that you have 'cookies' turned on within your web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Netscape, etc.) as this is needed for our site to work correctly.
- Update to the latest version of the Flash player. Visit the Adobe Flash Player version test page to check what version of Flash is currently being used by your browser. (http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/) This page also shows the latest version of the Flash Player available for your system, which can be downloaded from the Flash download center.
- Ensure that if you have a firewall at your organization, it is configured to allow streaming video. A firewall can make it difficult to receive video streams over the Internet. Although most firewalls now are 'intelligent' and have the ability to recognize that you have requested a legitimate video and/or audio stream, you may still have to contact your IT department or network administrator to confirm this.
- Check your Internet connection speed. If it is a dial-up or anything slower than a DSL or cable-modem, you may not be able to view the stream properly.
- Finally, please close any other programs on your computer when you are viewing the preview stream. You want all available RAM and computer resources free to be able to have the best possible viewing experience. It sometimes helps to do a 'restart' on your computer to clear out the memory and get your best performance. If you are still unable to view the video stream after making these adjustments, please let us know so we can ship you a DVD to preview the program.