More Than a Gut Feeling is one of the most popular training films ever. Based on the work of Industrial Organizational Psychologist Paul C. Green, PhD—a recognized pioneer of the behavior-based interviewing (BBI) strategy—it has been used worldwide in organizations of all types and sizes.
This revised and updated 4th edition features:
- additional coverage on how to uncover behavioral predictors.
- meaningful insight on how a thorough job analysis can be the basis for developing effective behavior-based interviewing questions.
- practical interviewing techniques that help organizations build their best team, while saving time and money.
The course helps interviewers go beyond making hiring decisions based primarily on how they feel
about a candidate. Behavior-based questions enable them to gain specific examples of what a candidate has done in the past, and these examples then act as a predictor of how the person is likely to perform in the position for which they've applied.
Rooted in the behavioral science developed by Dr. Paul Green
, More Than a Gut Feeling IV
provides invaluable insight and unparalleled expertise while teaching managers how to:
- Plan a logical, structured interview that includes pre-planned interview questions.
- Recognize the importance of developing an interview plan based on thorough knowledge of the job to be filled.
- Understand that a behavioral example is a specific life-history event that can be used to determine the presence or absence of a skill.
- Probe further and seek out behavioral predictors.
- Use interviewing techniques that allow for interviewer control.
- Make selection decisions based on facts and information — not on gut feeling.
- Use the concept of “the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior” and how it is important in the behavioral-based interview process.
- Recognize why some questions cannot be legally asked in the interview process.
Specifically, the course provides "how to" instruction on:
- Asking rapport-building questions
- Discussing the job
- Taking notes and explaining why
- Asking specific, open-ended questions to get specific answers
- Probing for behavioral predictors
- Allowing for silence if necessary
- Maintaining control
- Getting contrary evidence
Online Individual Self-paced Learning options
- eLearning - For more information on the eLearning option, please contact us at 1-800-408-5657.
- Streaming - provides streaming of the More Than a Gut Feeling IV video only. Contact us for more information
These options can be accessed online or licensed through your LMS (SCORM format).
Facilitator-Led Classroom Training
- includes DVD or USB containing the More Than a Gut Feeling IV
video, a Leader's Guide, Employee Quizzes, PowerPoint set. (supplemental products available: Interviewing: More Than a Gut Feeling
How-to Book and a Slide Rule of Legal and Illegal Questions.)
Produced by MLI, master-distributed by SollahRelated Video Programs:Manager Moments: Interviewing and Termination Do's and Don'ts
ACTIONS Speak! Behavioral Interviewing with Dr. Paul Green
Can I Ask That? - Legal Interviewing
Languages Available (sold separately): French, French Canadian, German, Italian, Portuguese (subtitle), Simplified Chinese (subtitle), Spanish
A Sollah Interactive release