Program length: Video run time is 28 minutes. Average eLearning training time is 45 minutes.
More Than a Gut Feeling is one of the most popular training films ever. Based on the work of Industrial Organizational Psychologist Paul C. Green, PhD—a recognized pioneer of the behavior-based interviewing (BBI) strategy—it has been used worldwide in organizations of all types and sizes.
This revised and updated 4th edition features:
- additional coverage on how to uncover behavioral predictors
- meaningful insight on how a thorough job analysis can be the basis for developing effective behavior-based interviewing questions
- practical interviewing techniques that help organizations build their best team, while saving time and money
- an all new, fully interactive eLearning option
The course helps interviewers go beyond making hiring decisions based primarily on how they feel
about a candidate. Behavior-based questions enable them to gain specific examples of what a candidate has done in the past, and these examples then act as a predictor of how the person is likely to perform in the position for which they've applied.
Rooted in the behavioral science developed by Dr. Paul Green
, More Than a Gut Feeling IV
provides invaluable insight and unparalleled expertise while teaching managers how to:
- Plan a logical, structured interview that includes pre-planned interview questions.
- Recognize the importance of developing an interview plan based on thorough knowledge of the job to be filled.
- Understand that a behavioral example is a specific life-history event that can be used to determine the presence or absence of a skill.
- Probe further and seek out behavioral predictors.
- Use interviewing techniques that allow for interviewer control.
- Make selection decisions based on facts and information — not on gut feeling.
- Use the concept of “the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior” and how it is important in the behavioral-based interview process.
- Recognize why some questions cannot be legally asked in the interview process.
Specifically, the course provides "how to" instruction on:
- Asking rapport-building questions
- Discussing the job
- Taking notes and explaining why
- Asking specific, open-ended questions to get specific answers
- Probing for behavioral predictors
- Allowing for silence if necessary
- Maintaining control
- Getting contrary evidence
Online Individual Self-paced Learning options
- eLearning - includes a 7 question pre-assessment, the full More Than a Gut Feeling IV video with 10 in-video review points, a 13 question post-test, and downloadable PDF resources. To review this course, click on Free FULL Preview above and then select eLearning.
- Streaming - provides streaming of the More Than a Gut Feeling IV video only.
These options can be accessed through our platform or through your LMS (SCORM format).
Facilitator-Led Classroom Training
- includes DVD or USB containing the More Than a Gut Feeling IV
video, a Leader's Guide, Employee Quizzes, PowerPoint set. (supplemental products available: Interviewing: More Than a Gut Feeling
How-to Book and a Slide Rule of Legal and Illegal Questions -- call us to order.)
Like the standard eLearning course, the Platinum Edition course is built around the More Than a Gut Feeling IV
video and includes a pre-assessment, in-video review questions, a post-test and downloadable PDF resources. It also contains 2 supplemental modules for trainees to apply and fine-tune their knowledge of behavior-based interviewing:
- The Disastrous Interview uses game-like interactivity to teach learners about interviewing errors.
- The Booster Shot is a video that summarizes the key skills used by a behavior-based interviewer.
For more information on the Platinum Edition course, and to see a free FULL preview, please contact us.
Produced by MLI, master-distributed by SollahRelated Video Programs:Manager Moments: Interviewing and Termination Do's and Don'ts
ACTIONS Speak! Behavioral Interviewing with Dr. Paul Green
Can I Ask That? - Legal Interviewing
Languages Available (sold separately): French, French Canadian, German, Italian, Portuguese (subtitle), Simplified Chinese (subtitle), Spanish
A Sollah Interactive release