From Media Partners' CEO - Our Commitment to Change
June 15, 2020
Customers, Colleagues and Partners:
When I purchased Media Partners in 2017, I saw an opportunity to help companies drive meaningful change. Our mission has been to provide organizations with high-quality training content around preventing bias, discrimination, harassment, and workplace violence.
However, the events of the last few weeks have forced me to ask... Is that enough? Are we at Media Partners doing enough to address the systemic racial injustice that has plagued our society for far too long? Have we truly delivered on our commitment to driving the kind of change outlined in our company values? I believe the answer is no. As an organization, we can and must do more.
As such, Media Partners proudly stands in support of the Black Lives Matter movement and the fight to end racial injustice. In an effort to reaffirm our own commitment to diversity, we are taking the following steps:
- We are elevating our accountability to uphold our core values — specifically that of creating a respectful, inclusive, equitable, and diverse work environment for our staff, customers, and industry. (See our Diversity Code of Conduct for more information on our internal policies.)
- As we hire over the next 12 months, we have committed to significantly increase the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) representation within Media Partners to closer reflect our communities.
- We have established an Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Task Force (see our Task Force Charter) with the goals of:
- evaluating our company culture and recommending actions to improve it;
- establishing recruiting and hiring processes to ensure both a diverse candidate pool and an equitable hiring process; and
- evaluating our new productions to ensure they reflect the many faces, voices, and perspectives of our community.
- We are developing additional products and free resources to help organizational leaders and employees foster meaningful discussions about racial injustice and how to successfully implement change.
I’d now like to open up the discussion to you: If you have any thoughts or ideas on how we can improve our diversity and inclusion products, or if there are any resources we can provide to help your organization achieve its goals in this area, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We look forward to working with you.
CEO, Media Partners Corp