Created for front line employees, staff and managers, Getting Real about Workplace Violence was thoughtfully designed and produced to increase awareness and empower viewers. It informs, but doesn’t overwhelm.
Through 3 video segments, the course builds overall awareness while providing practical prevention steps and response strategies. A manager-specific module highlights the critical role managers play in identifying concerning behaviors and keeping potentially volatile situations from escalating.
To preview each segment in its entirety (video or eLearning format), click on Free FULL Preview above.
- Getting Real About Workplace Violence: Awareness and Prevention (10 minutes)
- Getting Real About Workplace Violence: Extreme Violence Response (8 minutes)
- Getting Real About Workplace Violence: Advanced Training for Managers (7 minutes)
Learning objectives include:
- Understand that workplace violence goes beyond active shooters
- Sharpen your awareness to potential threats
- Identify early warning signs
- Know how to respond to concerning behaviors
- Recognize and understand the potential connection between domestic and workplace violence
- Learn 3 response options if caught inside an act of extreme violence--
- If you can, get out
- If you can’t, get safe
- If you have to, get tough
The risk of workplace violence doesn’t need to be left to chance alone. Use this course to help people prevent and survive a potentially life-or-death situation.
Hosted by security industry veteran Jim Sporleder, this
instruction aligns with the American National Standard
, which is the standard advised by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
for best practices addressing workplace violence prevention and response.Also Available:
Threat Detector: Your Role in Preventing Workplace Violence
Active Shooter: Surviving an Attack
PREVAIL! - Active Shooter Training
A Regulus Media release